The Ag Vision is a strategic plan for the future of the state's agricultural and food system which was motivated by the rapidly growing list of challenges facing agriculture, from regulations and water suppliers to urbanization and climate change.
The "California Agricultural Vision: From Strategies to Results" documents the ongoing progress of the Ag Vision Advisory Committee's work and that of other stakeholders in addressing the 12 key strategies for California's agriculture and food sector.
These strategies include:
- Improve Access to Safe, Healthy Food for All Californians
- Ease the Burden of Regulation on Agriculture While Maintaining Health, Safety and Environmental Standards
- Secure an Adequate Supply of Water for Agricultural Purposes
- Assure a Strong Labor Force through Fairness to Agricultural Workers and Employers
- Effectively Detect, Exclude and Control Invasive Species
- Adopt a Policy of Conserving Agricultural Land and Water Resources
- Expand Environmental Stewardship on Farms and Ranches
- Promote Renewable Energy & Substitutes for Fossil-Based Inputs
- Assure Agricultural Adaptation to Climate Change
- Promote Robust Regional Markets for All California Producers
- Cultivate the Next Generation of Farmers and Ranchers
- Promote Agricultural Research that Anticipates 21st Century Challenges
“In the world of food and farming systems, the problems are always complex and the players and interests are diverse. Making change in such an environment requires patience and skilled facilitation to bring groups together for collaborative action. Ag Innovations has been doing just that for many years and they do it very effectively.”