The Ag Vision is a strategic plan for the future of the state's agricultural and food system which was motivated by the rapidly growing list of challenges facing agriculture, from regulations and water suppliers to urbanization and climate change.
The "California Agricultural Vision: From Strategies to Results" documents the ongoing progress of the Ag Vision Advisory Committee's work and that of other stakeholders in addressing the 12 key strategies for California's agriculture and food sector.
These strategies include:
- Improve Access to Safe, Healthy Food for All Californians
- Ease the Burden of Regulation on Agriculture While Maintaining Health, Safety and Environmental Standards
- Secure an Adequate Supply of Water for Agricultural Purposes
- Assure a Strong Labor Force through Fairness to Agricultural Workers and Employers
- Effectively Detect, Exclude and Control Invasive Species
- Adopt a Policy of Conserving Agricultural Land and Water Resources
- Expand Environmental Stewardship on Farms and Ranches
- Promote Renewable Energy & Substitutes for Fossil-Based Inputs
- Assure Agricultural Adaptation to Climate Change
- Promote Robust Regional Markets for All California Producers
- Cultivate the Next Generation of Farmers and Ranchers
- Promote Agricultural Research that Anticipates 21st Century Challenges
“Ag Innovation's work gets multi-stakeholder groups to the table for discussions that result in scaled shifts in how food is produced, packaged, shipped and consumed fairly. ”