We're hiring: Office Coordinator
We are looking to bring on a new Office Coordinator to join our talented team. In this role you will handle day-to-day operations to enable the organization to succeed in its work to build collaborations throughout our agricultural, environmental and food systems. As the key administrative support person in the office, this position requires a self-directed quick learner. We need a creative problem-solver who thrives on anticipating the needs of the team.
We are open to candidates that are interested in part-time or full-time employment.
- Support coordination of staff meetings and other organizational events.
- Lead office efforts that support creating an inviting space, coordinating office moves, inventory/ordering of supplies, kitchen maintenance, office reception, subtenant issues, mail collection/sorting, and identifying appropriate next steps of action for IT troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with outside accounting firm on payroll, assist with expense reports, bank deposits, and other needs according to internal procedures.
- Respond to questions from vendors, employees, and customers about invoices and bills, using judgement to refer complex issues to the Executive Director when appropriate.
- Assist in all areas of operations as requested by leadership team.
- Facilitate adoption of new software and systems by staff to meet organizational requirements.
- Update contract templates with project information.
- Support on-boarding of new staff and consultants by ensuring that all documentation, equipment and supplies are provided or received as specified.
- Maintain updated personnel files, retaining information securely and confidentially in accordance with company policies.
- Support and maintain systems and documentation, perform data entry and coordinate travel.
- Minimum three years of administrative experience in a public or nonprofit agency preferred with prior office coordination work experience desired.
- HS Diploma/GED required. Some college preferred.
- Solid office computer skills including familiarity with Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, web browsers. Basic proficiency with image editing and graphic design is helpful.
- Strong customer service skills to create a positive environment with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter explaining why they would be an excellent fit, also including your interest in either part-time or full-time employment. Please send your resume and cover letter to us at: HR@aginnovations.org
- We're Hiring! Seeking a Talented Senior Facilitator and Office Coordinator to round out our team!
- We're Hiring: Senior Facilitator
- Current Ag Innovations Roundtables and Projects:
- Systems Thinking for Intractable Problems: From Problem-Solving to Emergence-Seeking
- From Forests to Farms: a Learning Journey with California Water Action Collaborative (CWAC)
Recent Related Projects
Leadership Institute Strategic Planning
Ag Innovations worked with the Leadership Institute for Ecology and the Economy’s board and staff to identify a strategic vision and develop their strategic plan.
Sustainable Food Lab Member Summits
The Sustainable Food Lab (SFL), a long-time partner of Ag Innovations and one of our fiscally sponsored projects, enlisted the support of Ag Innovations from 2008 - 2012 in the design and facilitation of their annual member summits and learning journeys.
“Ag Innovations combines excellent facilitation and process design skills with in-depth knowledge of food and farming systems.”