Ag Innovations is taking applications for a paid internship focused on support for our work in designing, convening, and facilitating multi-stakeholder collaborations addressing issues around food, farming, and natural resource management.
We are looking for someone who is interested in making community-facing work their focus and who is committed to developing excellence in facilitation. This is an entry-level or early career type of opportunity to work with senior and master facilitators as they practice their craft. The intern will be working with us to manage:
* Meeting logistics from securing sites, to creating rosters, to managing food and beverages
* Participant relations including scheduling, RSVPs, and communications
* Process and agenda design
* Meeting notes/results documents (note: this is a central expectation for the intern, your listening skills, speed of capture, ability to synthesize, and the creation of professional level documentation is the most important criteria we will be selecting for).
* Research and data collection around issues the groups we work with are interested in.
The internship requires travel to sites around California (fully reimbursable) and the hours involved will vary in accordance with our projects and your availability. We anticipate an average of 8 hours per week but according to availability and fit could range as high as 16-20. The primary work location is Sebastopol California. Remote work situations will be considered, but are not preferred.
Internship are offered in six month blocks and may be repeated. The potential to move into regular work is there for the right person.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: Internship Application. We will review applications on a rolling basis. The interview process will include both a phone screening and face-to-face meeting. Writing and note taking exercises may be included.
And finally (after all that formal jazz...), this is a really great opportunity to build your skills and experience with a group of folks who are deeply committed to mentoring a new generation of super facilitators while doing something that matters in the world.